About Pfeiffer Elementary School
Address: 2081 9th St. SW, Akron, OH 44314
Principal: Mrs. Pharon Hranko
Pfeiffer Elementary School is recognized for academic improvement.
- Teachers have an average of 22 years of experience.
- 55% of teachers hold a master's degree or higher
Pfeiffer offers numerous programs to support academic achievement and enrichment, including:
- Akron Reads program
- Title 1-sponsored after-school tutoring
- Computers in every classroom
- An active PTA recognized for its involvement in the community
- Reading Is Fundamental free book distribution for all students
- The Harold Stroll Scholarship is awarded each year to two former Pfeiffer students who graduate from Kenmore High School.
- An active partnership with the Kenmore Ministerial Alliance
History of Pfeiffer Elementary School
Pfeiffer Elementary School is named in honor of Jacob (1861-1945) and William Pfeiffer, who helped to open the Miller Rubber Co. in the early 1890s. Their company was later purchased in 1930 by the B.F. Goodrich Co. The two Pfeiffer brothers donated land to build the school, which was originally called "Overlook," after the land around the school site. The name was later changed to Pfeiffer to honor these two prominent Akron Pfeiffers. The school was constructed in 1917, and an addition was added in 1960.